We’re tackling a wide array of compelling target opportunities with an approach that gives us the ability to discover best-in-class drugs in cancer and multiple other areas of high unmet medical need. We’d be nothing without a visionary team that not only pulls it all together, but is willing to stand behind an exciting novel approach.
Our world-class team is equal parts bright and bold, with a shared passion for working in intellectually stimulating environments. We look for people who are committed to working together in a collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial culture. We’ve created the kind of work environment that not only gets, but keeps people excited and focused–and we’ve mastered the art of sharing our findings in ways that both educate and inspire. Putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery will be a challenge, but we are confident that our team’s dedication and urgency will create opportunities that profoundly impact the lives of the patients we serve.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Relay Therapeutics is a private company launched with $57M Series A financing from Third Rock Ventures and from an affiliate of D. E. Shaw Research.
Relay invites extraordinarily creative, talented and passionate individuals to join us as we strive to make a difference in patients’ lives. We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package and we recognize the achievements of our employees. Our culture fosters collaboration and excellence. Join our team!
Associate Director/Director, Business Development
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
The Associate Director/Director of Business Development will drive Relay’s business development activities, as well as support strategy, new product planning, and public relations functions. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual looking for a broad-based experience in a fast-paced, dynamic, biotech start-up environment. This versatile and highly motivated individual will have the capacity to drive numerous projects forward simultaneously. Will work in close collaboration with the management team and scientists to ensure that emerging options for our programs are based on solid scientific foundations, accurate feasibility assessments, and grounded in realistic, corporate-aligned goals.
Specifically, s/he will:
- Source and screen potential licensing opportunities, coordinating due diligence, term sheets, negotiation, contracting, and decision-making.
- Contribute to and execute a comprehensive non-dilutive revenue strategy for Relay, including industry partnerships, government grants, lobbying, and outreach to foundations and patient advocacy groups.
- Support partnering activities, including preparing pitch decks, term sheets, and other materials as needed to support negotiations and diligence activities.
- Provide analytic support by conducting product/market forecasts, NPV valuations, and other financial analyses as needed in support of R&D and corporate business decisions.
- Coordinate Relay scientists, legal and administrative staff, and external legal firms to manage workflow in delivering academic/industry collaborations (SRAs, MTAs, CDAs, etc.).
- In conjunction with IP/legal/finance leadership at Relay, manage fulfillment of contractual obligations, including reporting, payments, and compliance.
- Manage non-standard contracts including with scientific/medical advisors, and other vendors.
- BA/BS required; MBA plus graduate degree in scientific / medical discipline (Ph.D. or M.D.) strongly preferred.
- 5+ years biopharmaceutical experience; candidates with industry, as well as relevant investment banking and consulting backgrounds, will be considered.
- High energy individual with a positive “nothing is impossible” attitude.
- Ability to work in a hands-on collaborative fashion with many different disciplines both inside and outside of the company.
- Strong knowledge of biotechnology industry, drug discovery and development process.
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial, matrixed environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform complex financial calculations such as NPV and product forecasting.
- Experience with commercial and scientific assessment of new product opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written (Word, PPT) communication/presentation skills for internal and external audiences.
Relay is seeking a highly motivated and well accomplished scientist to join our team. In this hands-on role, the Director, DMPK who will be responsible for:
- Providing DMPK expertise on multi-disciplinary drug discovery and development teams
- Guiding discovery project teams for candidate selection, developing and driving DMPK strategies for lead optimization and solving ADME issue, designing in vitro and in vivo DMPK studies and interpreting results
- The application of modeling approaches (in silico, PK, PBPK) to support human pharmacokinetics and dose predictions and quantitative risk assessment of drug-drug interactions, conducting PK/PD modeling, monitoring of GLP bioanalysis, and CRO management
- As compounds progress into clinical development, this person may be responsible for the clinical pharmacokinetic aspect of clinical trials.
- The candidate will be required to generate, analyze and present data, both orally and as written reports
- Authoring and/or reviewing various regulatory documents
- Proven track record of supporting drug discovery and development as DMPK project
- PhD in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related field with a specific focus on pharmacokinetics with a minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience is required
- representative on multifunctional project teams is required
- Extensive understanding of DMPK principles is required
- Extensive experience in setting up LC-MS based bioanalytic methods
- Proven skills in pharmacokinetic modeling, including application of SimCyp and/or Gastroplus PBPK, Phoenix WinNonlin, and/or NONMEM are preferred
- Monitoring of DMPK studies at CRO is preferred
- Knowledge of GLP, development and regulatory guidelines is desirable
- Previous experience in regulatory filing is desirable
- The ability to work independently, excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and teamwork skills, ability to multi task and prioritize to delivery results within tight timelines are required
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Biology
Relay Therapeutics is seeking a self-motivated researcher a desire to excel at the highest level to join a team of scientists driving the discovery of novel small molecule therapeutics in oncology. The successful candidate will design and execute molecular and cell biology experiments focused on the discovery/validation of new drug targets, evaluation of candidate molecules, and development of novel biomarkers. A considerable level of independence is expected after the initial training period. S/he will interact and collaborate cross-functionally with scientists in other departments, including biochemists, chemists, and computational biologists. Significant project ownership will allow for acquisition of new skills and for learning additional facets of the drug discovery process as projects advance.
- Design and perform cell and molecular biology experiments to support the biological evaluation of small molecules impacting cancer dependencies and anti-cancer immunity
- Develop cell-based assays to be used in target validation studies and/or medium throughput screening campaigns
- Conduct cell-based assays in support of medicinal chemistry efforts and structure activity relationship assessment
- Develop and perform pharmacodynamic and patient selection biomarker assays
- Maintain good written records of laboratory procedures, results and conclusions.
- Perform and report interim analysis of accumulated data to monitor work progress.
- BS/MS with 3+ years of industry/academic experience working in a cancer biology team
- Experience in molecular biology (nucleic acid purification, DNA cloning, PCR, gel electrophoresis, Western blotting, and qPCR, si/shRNA, CRISPR, lentiviral gene knockdown)
- Exceptional cell biology capabilities (mammalian cell culture flow cytometry, microscopy). Experience with in vitro immunology assays is a plus
- Ability to design and execute experiments, analyze and document results
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
Research Associate, Biochemistry / Biophysics
The Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology group at Relay Therapeutics is a multidisciplinary group putting protein motion at the center of drug discovery. We applying cutting technology towards the discovery, characterization and optimization of small molecule therapeutics towards targets representing high unmet medical needs. We are seeking a highly motivated, creative and collaborative scientist to join our team in a hands-on role to discover the next generation of innovative therapeutics.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Functional and mechanistic characterization of enzymes, substrates, multi-protein complexes
- Design, development and troubleshooting of diverse biochemical and biophysical assays for use in the assessment of both mechanism and small molecule modulation of cancer targets, including hit identification, validation and optimization
- Analysis, interpretation, documentation and presentation of data to local groups and project teams
- Assessment of emerging technologies with an emphasis towards the adoption and implementation of new experimental techniques enabling drug discovery
- Contribution to group knowledge and expertise through collaboration and idea exchange with multidisciplinary teams
- BA/BS or MS degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Enzymology or a related field with 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- A solid understanding of protein function and enzyme mechanism; experience with biochemical and biophysical assay development for protein target and small molecule inhibitor characterizations as well as protein-ligand binding interactions
- Experience with fluorescence-based assay techniques (e.g. HTRF, FP, quench assays) and label-free technologies (e.g. SPR, ITC, DSC, LC-MS) is desired
- Experience in second harmonic generation technique (Biodesy) is highly desirable
- A basic understanding of compound management and ability to work on automated liquid handling instrumentation
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and present data in a clear manner
- An interest in contributing to medicinal chemistry drug discovery efforts to evaluate compound SAR and mode of action characterization
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
Relay Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.